Visit the fair website (www.middlesexcountyfair.com) or your local library to see the hundreds of classes in 16 divisions you may enter, and to obtain an entry form
Mail forms to the addresses outlined in the list of entry categories or email forms to email@example.com
There are separate divisions for adults, children (by age) and special participants.
You do not have to live in Middlesex County to enter. Everyone is welcome.
All entries remain on display in the Home Arts building for the duration of the fair.
E-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also register (forms will be available) at the fairgrounds when you bring your items on entry day.
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW ALL THE GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THEM MAY RESULT IN THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR ENTRY.
There is no entry fee. You do not have to live in Middlesex County in order to enter.
1. ENTRY DAY IS SUNDAY, AUGUST 6, 2017 FROM 12 P.M. TO 5:00 P.M. ONLY.
2. Only one entry permitted per class. You may enter as many different classes as you wish.
3. All entries must be clean.
4. All entries in Divisions 1-5 must be the result of this year’s work-that is, anything COMPLETED since August 8, 2016. All other entries (Divisions 6-16) must be the result of the past TWO year’s work-that is, anything COMPLETED since August 10, 2015. You may NOT enter any item if it has already been entered in the previous year. If you entered the item in the 2016 fair, it may not be re-entered in the 2017 fair regardless of whether or not it won a ribbon..
5. Note on entry form and entry card if article is an original design created by the exhibitor.
6. Professionals, commercial exhibitors or anyone who sells their products are not permitted to enter.
7. Please check each division you are entering for additional rules for that division.
8. If you have any questions about the proper class for your entry, please call or e-mail the division chairperson. This information is at the beginning of each division. They will be happy to assist you.
Jackie Lyon – 732-735-3462
96 Stockton Ave., Ocean Grove, NJ 07756
Lisa Burke – 732-940-5525
123 Fresh Ponds Rd., Jamesburg, NJ 08831
1. EXHIBITORS ARE REQUESTED TO MAKE THEIR ENTRIES IN WRITING AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. EARLY REGISTRATION IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED. IF YOU PRE-REGISTER, YOU MAY ADD ADDITIONAL ITEMS ON ENTRY DAY.
2. An official Entry Form must be used. Two are provided in the Fair Catalog. You may also obtain them at: http://www.middlesexcountyfair.com. The entire catalog is available on the website. You may e-mail your entry form to email@example.com. Visit our website www.middlesexcountyfair.com for complete details.
3. Additional Entry Forms may be obtained by writing to the Chairperson of the Entry Committee.
4. The Entry Form shall be filled in by the Exhibitor, stating his name and mailing address, the Division, Section and Class number, and a description of the articles as indicated in the Fair Catalog. Adults may put A on age line instead of your age.
5. All entries for that one Exhibitor should be listed on the same form regardless of the number of Divisions or Articles.
6. The Entry Form, only, should be mailed to the Chairperson of the Entry Committee by July 27, 2016. IN ORDER TO SAVE TIME AND AVOID LINES AT THE FAIRGROUNDS. (Otherwise, the entry form will be accepted at the time the articles are brought to the Fairgrounds, and the cards written out then.)
7. ENTRY TIME IS SUNDAY, AUGUST 6, 2017 FROM 12:00 PM TO 5:00 PM ONLY. IF YOU ARE NOT PRE-REGISTERED, PLEASE ARRIVE AT THE FAIRGROUNDS AT LEAST ONE HOUR BEFORE THE CLOSING TIME IN ORDER TO ALLOW SUFFICIENT TIME FOR THE ENTRY CARDS TO BE FILLED OUT AND YOUR ITEMS ACCEPTED BY THE DIVISION CHAIRPEOPLE. JUDGING BEGINS IMMEDIATELY AFTER ENTRY CLOSING TIME. ALL ARTICLES RECEIVED BY THE DIVISION CHAIRPEOPLE AFTER THE CLOSING TIME WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR DISPLAY ONLY, THEY WILL NOT BE JUDGED.
8. You may include your e-mail address on the entry form if you wish to receive updates and reminders about entering the fair. You do not have to include an e-mail address in order to enter articles into competition.
After receipt of the Entry Form by the Chairperson of the Entry Committee, the Exhibitor’s name and address will be recorded and an Exhibitor’s number assigned.
There will be an Entry Card with all this information written on it for each article listed on the Entry Form.
The Entry Cards are to be attached to the articles at the time they are accepted by the Entry Committee and a Receipt stub given to the Exhibitor.
THE RECEIPT MUST BE KEPT BY THE EXHIBITOR AND USED TO CLAIM THE ARTICLE AFTER THE SHOW IS OVER.
The Management and the various committees shall reserve the right to reject any exhibits offered which are not being displayed for the promotion of agricultural, industrial or educational interests.
No person having entered anything for competition may afterwards withdraw it. The article and the ribbon, if one is awarded, must remain on display until the end of the fair.
Due to the extended fair hours on Sunday, August 13th, NO ARTICLE SHALL BE REMOVED FROM THE GROUNDS BEFORE 4:00 P. M., MONDAY, AUGUST 14th. Exhibitors must surrender the Receipt stubs from the Entry Card to a Committee Member in charge of the department and the article will be returned to the proper owner. No exhibit will be returned unless the stub is submitted. Ribbons will be picked up with entries. None will be mailed. Exhibits may be picked up on MONDAY, AUGUST 14th FROM 4:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. NO ENTRIES MAY BE PICKED UP SUNDAY NIGHT. The Fair Management will not be responsible for any items after this time.
Police and Watchmen for protection of exhibits will be provided and an ample force will be in attendance day and night during the Fair, however, the Middlesex County Fair Association, Inc., or its officers or agents, will not be responsible in any way for any damage or loss by water, fire, wind, theft, or otherwise, to person or property, and upon this condition only are entries received. Wherever possible the exhibits will be covered for protection.
Special categories are provided for entrants of any age with special developmental needs and abilities.
Entries will not be judged if the Class is not provided for in the Fair Catalog, unless the Division Chairperson deems an unpublished class to be necessary.
Except for Division III, there shall be competitive judging, with a first, second and a third prize awarded in each class that has three or more entries. If there are fewer than three entries in a class, it will be up to the discretion of the judges whether or not to award prizes, but, if they do, they must award a 1st and 2nd. There may be honorable mention ribbons awarded by the judges.
ALL PARTICIPANTS IN ALL PEE-WEE DIVISIONS WILL RECEIVE ONE (1) RIBBON OF PARTICIPATION FOR EACH ITEM ENTERED. ENTRIES WILL NOT BE JUDGED.
Any irregularity in any entry, including changing any part of the entry card or fraud by misrepresentation as to the ownership, detected before or after the awards have been made, shall cause the forfeiture of the ribbon.
To be considered for a ribbon by the judges, the article should be entered in the proper category. If there is a question about the proper class for your entry, please contact the Division Chairperson to determine this before the entry form is filled out. Their phone number and e-mail address are located at the beginning of each division.
The exhibitor hereby releases the Middlesex County Fair Association, Inc., from any and all responsibility or liability for injury or damages to any entry or exhibit and also releases and agrees to indemnify the Middlesex County Fair Association, Inc., against any damage claim, legal proceedings or judgment arising out of the transportation, entry or exhibition of the listed entries or exhibits at the said fair; and further agrees to hold the said Middlesex County Fair Association, Inc., harmless from any claim or suit for injury, damage or blame resulting from the transportation, entry or exhibition of the listed entries of exhibits.
To protect your projects as well as those next to yours in the display, please be advised that hot glue, rubber cement and other such adhesives may not hold your work securely for the duration of the fair due to the high heat and humidity. For the same reasons, unwrapped/loosely wrapped candy (ex. candy canes, hard candy, etc.) may melt into your project. The fair cannot be held responsible for the damage this may cause to your exhibits.
KATHY DONAHUE 732-826-3881
SHEILA ANGALET 848-228-3551